Marble Mountain Via “white Face Summit Trail”
Marble Mountain is a 2700th mountain that connects to several trails leading to much larger mountains, we discovered this peak while on our way to whiteface mountain via the whiteface summit trail. if you take the same trail be aware the second of the half the trail is on a steep incline maybe 80% vert, but the first half will be a cake walk with mild inclines but nothing too serious.
Beginers may struggle a bit with the hike up marble mountain, especially those with asthma or any current injuries in the legs. be prepared to climb 2000ft in a .7 mile stretch of the mountain, pushing your physical and mental limitations.
once at the top of the pus you will hit a junction, from there its a simple right hook to a rock surface from which you can view keene valley and upper jay from, other views include Whiteface KOA, Hiccock Mt, Quaker Mt, pine Mt, winch Mt, Ebenezer Mt, Bassett Mt, and Hamlin Mt.
Be aware that while 2.2 miles seems easy, climbing verts is physically and mentally draining. Take your time climbing and enjoy the challenge & journey.
be advised that trekking poles, hiking sticks, ice spikes are recommended if you intend to traverse this trail.
- Fox PreserveFox Preserve is a 70-acre preserve located in Colonie, NY at 4200 River Rd. The land was donated to the Mohawk Hudson conservancy by Dr. Patricia Fox in 2015 and
- Marble Mountain Via “white Face Summit Trail”Marble Mountain is a 2700th mountain that connects to several trails leading to much larger mountains, we discovered this peak while on our way to whiteface mountain via the whiteface
- John Boyd Thatcher Park Escarpment TrailLocated at 830 Thatchers Park Road, Voorheesville, NY, be aware that many parking spots along this trail are 30 minute parking lots. We ended up parking at the visitors center
- Abandoned Ruins of the Cornish EstateCome discover this burnt down abandoned mansion at the Cornish Estates, built in the 1910s with many structures still intact! There are over 5 abandoned structures to see!
- Best Hiking Trails in Rotterdam, New YorkFind the top three hikes around Rotterdam, New York!
- Top 10 ARTICLEs from Jmurrayathletics for 2020“jmurrayathletics has been hard at work this year, putting in the time and work to produce new and exciting articles every week. articles cover every topic from Hiking, Martial Arts, Races, and much more for you to achieve more!”