Marble Mountain Via “white Face Summit Trail”
Marble Mountain is a 2700th mountain that connects to several trails leading to much larger mountains, we discovered this peak while on our way to whiteface mountain via the whiteface summit trail. if you take the same trail be aware the second of the half the trail is on a steep incline maybe 80% vert, but the first half will be a cake walk with mild inclines but nothing too serious.
Beginers may struggle a bit with the hike up marble mountain, especially those with asthma or any current injuries in the legs. be prepared to climb 2000ft in a .7 mile stretch of the mountain, pushing your physical and mental limitations.
once at the top of the pus you will hit a junction, from there its a simple right hook to a rock surface from which you can view keene valley and upper jay from, other views include Whiteface KOA, Hiccock Mt, Quaker Mt, pine Mt, winch Mt, Ebenezer Mt, Bassett Mt, and Hamlin Mt.
Be aware that while 2.2 miles seems easy, climbing verts is physically and mentally draining. Take your time climbing and enjoy the challenge & journey.
be advised that trekking poles, hiking sticks, ice spikes are recommended if you intend to traverse this trail.
- Visiting Long LakeDuring a brief trip to upstate New York, we happened upon a tiny gem of the Adirondacks. The town of Long Lake was named after the 14-mile long lake that
- White Sands National ParkHave you ever wanted to go sledding but couldn’t stand the cold? Look no further than White Sands National Park, the newest park in the USA, established in 2019. The
- Christmas in the CavernsOn a quiet Friday afternoon we took off towards New Mexico. The destination? A little city located within the Chihuahuan Desert. Home to over 119 natural underground caves, CarlsBad Caverns
- How Do I Prepare for a Long Backpacking HikePeople on Reddit and all over Facebook activity ask, “This is my first long hike, what can I do to get my body ready?” and the answers can be quite
- Indian killWhile out and about on a few grubhub deliveries, I passed by a trailhead and had decided to stop and check it out. Taking note of the map signage I
- Plotterkill Preserve, the best hike in the 518!Discover this welming hike with 3 major waterfalls, 4+ miles of walking trails on both high & low lands! find out how to get there right here!