Marble Mountain Via “white Face Summit Trail”
Marble Mountain is a 2700th mountain that connects to several trails leading to much larger mountains, we discovered this peak while on our way to whiteface mountain via the whiteface summit trail. if you take the same trail be aware the second of the half the trail is on a steep incline maybe 80% vert, but the first half will be a cake walk with mild inclines but nothing too serious.
Beginers may struggle a bit with the hike up marble mountain, especially those with asthma or any current injuries in the legs. be prepared to climb 2000ft in a .7 mile stretch of the mountain, pushing your physical and mental limitations.
once at the top of the pus you will hit a junction, from there its a simple right hook to a rock surface from which you can view keene valley and upper jay from, other views include Whiteface KOA, Hiccock Mt, Quaker Mt, pine Mt, winch Mt, Ebenezer Mt, Bassett Mt, and Hamlin Mt.
Be aware that while 2.2 miles seems easy, climbing verts is physically and mentally draining. Take your time climbing and enjoy the challenge & journey.
be advised that trekking poles, hiking sticks, ice spikes are recommended if you intend to traverse this trail.
- Dickinson Hill Fire Tower: The Last Tower in Rensselaer County, NY!Dickinson Fire Tower located in Petersburgh, NY sits on a short .5 mile walk off NY 2 but the actual trail starts on North Long Pond Road. Make sure to
- Camping on Top of the Mogollon RimAs spring comes full bloom in Arizona, the higher elevation areas are warming up for camping. While Arizona has no shortage of great views, sometimes they can be a challenge
- Tonto Natural Bridge State ParkSurrounded by mountains and pine, nestled in the Tonto national forest, lies one of the largest travertine bridges in the world, known as Tonto Natural Bridge. Natural bridges made of
- My First Backpacking Trip!Since moving to Arizona, I’ve experienced a great love for nature. It started with little hikes and grew into camping. It didn’t take long for the desire to start backpacking
- Sunset on The Devils BridgeIn Arizona, the winters can range from warm and sunny to snowy and ice cold. Sedona is the perfect mix of both. Impulsively on a Sunday afternoon we drove up
- 9 Corners LakeI haven’t been to a swimming hole for a minute, and while I didn’t jump right in I have to say I’ll be back to do just that. Located near